Cream Filled Peanut Clusters
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 24 oz. roasted peanuts
- 10-11 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10-11 oz. package milk or dark chocolate chips
- 11 oz. butterscotch chips
- 1-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate cream filling for at least 1 hour.
- Using a spoon or a melon-ball scooper: scoop small amounts of cream filling, roll into balls, then line onto baking sheets. Place baking sheets in freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour peanuts into a large, shallow bowl. Remove baking sheets from freezer and roll each ball into peanuts until covered.
- Place back onto parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly. Continue with other pieces. (Add more chocolate chips if necessary.)
- Place baking sheets back in freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- While waiting, turn on a small crockpot to high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Pour the first bag of chips into the crockpot. Allow the chips to melt, stirring frequently.
- When melted, begin to add the second bag of chocolate and the bag of butterscotch chips in small batches, continuing to stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Remove baking sheets from freezer.
- Using a spoon, dip each cluster into the melted chocolate, covering completely, then carefully place back on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Return clusters to refrigerator until hardened.