Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Truffles
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2+ tablespoons Bourbon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans, chopped small
- 1-2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips (can sub out dark or white chocolate, as well)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, salt, bourbon and vanilla using a wooden spoon. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 40-45 minutes. Filling is done when center surface springs back when lightly tapped. Allow filling to cool for 5 minutes.
- Drop filling in spoonfuls onto a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (I use one of those small cookie scoops – it helps to get it in a truffle-like shape).
- Once all the filling has been transferred, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for approximately 1 hour.
- Once the truffles are ready, melt the bag of chocolate chips.
- Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate. Cover completely.
- Transfer the truffles back to the cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Allow the truffles to harden. (You can speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator or freezer.)